Post by Dominique Terry.
In the spirit of collaboration, we wanted to tell you more about our new partner, Abbey Road Studios. Sara Griggs came up with 9 fun facts about the Studios. You can see the original article here.
- Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon was recorded at the studio in 1973 and holds the record for time spent on the Billboard Chart at 741 weeks (14 years).
2. Originally opened as EMI Studios in 1931, the name was changed in 1970 after The Beatles recorded Abbey Road there in 1969.
“Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles on Abbey Road.
3. The Beatles were part of the first-ever worldwide TV satellite link-up in 1967, when they performed the specially written All You Need is Love for 350 million people live from the studios.
All you need is love, love.
Love is all you need.
4. In 1995, Radiohead recorded The Bends at the studio. This was said to be a groundbreaking album due to its influence on the next generation of British musical artists, like Keane and Coldplay.
5. The scores for “Lord of the Rings,” “Harry Potter” and five of the “Star Wars” movies were recorded at Abbey Road.
Read more history behind Abbey Road Studios here.
We are hosting a Creative Invite with Abbey Road Studios and Avid, where 3 lucky aspiring musicians will get discovered and be on their way to be ranked among the best.
[actionbox url="http://www.talenthouse.com/submit-a-track-for-abbey-road-and-avid" button="Tell me more Talenthouse!"]Send in your song & get discovered by March 13, 2013.[/actionbox]